These easy-to-use National Standards are recognised as best practice volunteer involvement in Australia. They are designed to help:
- benchmark practice
- better attract, manage, recognise and retain volunteers
- manage risk and safety
- improve the overall volunteer experience.
If you coordinate or manage volunteers or have management or governance responsibility in an organisation that engages volunteers, the National Standards for Volunteer Involvement will be useful for you. The eight National Standards cover the following topics:
- Leadership and management
- Commitment to volunteer involvement
- Volunteer roles
- Recruitment and selection
- Support and development
- Workplace safety and wellbeing
- Quality management and continuous improvement.
There are many easy-to-use tools to help you plan and implement the National Standards, as well as assess your progress. These tools include workshops, guides, workbooks and the Standards online self-assessment tool.